Come Work With Us!
Come work at Key MS!
Located in Springfield, VA, with close proximity to I-95, I-395, Alexandria, Arlington, and Washington, DC, our school is FABULOUS and we’d love for you to join our team!
Why is Key The Place to Be?
- Amazing Students: With 800 students, we are the smallest middle school in Fairfax County Public Schools! We are the world: 45% Hispanic, 20% Asian, 17% White, 15% Black, 3% Other. 61% of our students receive Free/ Reduced Lunch Prices. We serve students in honors, general education, Special Education, and ESOL!
- Phenomenal Staff: Our staff is incredible. We have 1st year teachers, veteran teachers, and teachers who say they will never leave Key MS because it’s filled with such dedicated and committed professionals! We thrive off the culture of collaboration among our staff in our professional learning community! We collaborate so that our students benefit and because we all deserve thinking partners! Our staff is on an equity journey as adults, colleagues, and educators; we are examining our biases, privilege and learning more about one another’s experiences so we can disrupt systemic racism in our world.
- Wonderful Families: Families trust and support us. Our PTA is always looking for fun ways to help! We offer parent coffees, evening events, and parent programming to build the home-school connection. We love having families in the building for special events such as: Locker Night, Back to School Night, Spelling Bee, Cultural Heritage Night, the school play, music concerts, the Pyramid Art and Literacy show and more!
- High-Quality Professional Development: Our formal and informal PD is high quality and research-based. Focus on mindset, literacy, technology, and ensuring students make real world, higher level thinking connections to our global community! Our literacy coaches, instructional coach, school-based technology specialist, ESOL chair, librarian, SPED chairperson and IBMYP coordinator support our growth. We learn from one another every day as we value common planning, assessments, and data-talks to help each other learn/grow and give a variety of time, supports, and scaffolds to each child “by name and by need.”
- 21st Century Learning: We are preparing students with the skills and dispositions they need in order to be successful in today’s world and the future! We do this through our IBMYP (International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program) lens of teaching/assessing, our technology integration such as usage of blended learning, Google classrooms, and our new STEAM and CODING classes! Let’s make kids career and college ready!
- Robust Electives Program: Computers in Art, 3D Art Exploration, AVID, Coding, STEAM, Drama, Band, Chorus, Guitar, Orchestra, Family and Consumer Sciences, Spanish, French, and Spanish for Fluent Speakers help students learn more about their passions, strengths, talent and interests!
- Student Activities/After School Programs: Our SCA, NJHS, Band of Brothers, Student Equity Club, Educators Rising, AVID students, and PBIS Committee Student Advisors are some of the ways we give students leadership and ownership in our school! We partner with: Step Afrika, Capital One, the Washington Football Team organization, Arena Stage, and Family Cooking/Parenting groups! Our annual Reading Rally & Turkey Trot are beloved!
- Student Celebrations: We honor students in many ways such as our PBIS Students of the Month (Readiness, Respect, Responsibility), IBMYP Learner Profile Traits, Honor Roll, No Tardy Parties, Most Improved Students, Weekly “Kid Kudos” and through our daily practice!