Google Apps for Education, Digital Citizenship, Technology @ Home, and more
- School-Based Technology Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology Support Specialist | email@example.com
BYOD (Bring Your Own Devices)
- Students at Key are permitted to bring their own electronic devices to school for instructional purposes.
- Students are permitted to bring laptops, netbooks, eReaders, tablets, smartphones, and iPod touches for instructional use during the school day.
- Students are not permitted to use handheld gaming devices such as PSPs or Nintendo DSs.
- Devices may be used at the discretion of the classroom teacher. Students should ask permission before using their device during class.
- Students are not permitted to use electronic devices in locker rooms, bathrooms, or hallways during class change.
- Students should make sure their device is fully charged before coming to school. The school cannot provide opportunities for students to charge their device throughout the day.
- Students may not leave devices unattended. School staff is not responsible for lost or stolen devices.
- Students must follow the Students Rights & Responsibilities acceptable use policy for technology.
Account Manager: Use this site to setup a password recovery phone number or email address.
Account Password Recovery: This self-service application allows FCPS students to reset their lost or forgotten password. To successfully use this application you must have previously supplied a private e-mail address or mobile phone number in the Account Manager application. If you are having problems using this application, please see one of your teachers during the school day.
FCPS 24/7 (Blackboard): The online resource that allows Fairfax County Public Schools students to extend learning beyond the traditional school day and beyond school facilities.
Google Apps for Education: Google Apps for Education (GAE) allows FCPS students, faculty, and staff to communicate, store files and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time from school, work, or home, all within a secure “closed campus” online environment. The use of these tools is optional, and intended to provide an approved and supportable alternative to consumer Google accounts. There is no cost to use GAE.
StudentVUE Accounts: All middle school students have access to their StudentVUE account by using their network id and password to log in.