New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to Francis Scott Key Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Patriots!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students are grouped into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Francis Scott Key Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new Francis Scott Key Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not most recently attend one of the elementary schools in the Lewis High School pyramid (Crestwood ES, Forestdale ES, Garfield ES, Lynbrook ES, Saratoga ES, Springfield Estates ES).
- If the student attended one of these schools, there is nothing that needs to be completed. The student records will be automatically transferred to Key MS.
To join Key Middle School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Key MS boundary, please fill out the new student registration form below. This form will be submitted to Vickie Beruete, our school Student Services Assistant, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
But that can wait for a few minutes. Before we begin the process of getting a student enrolled, enjoy this video made by our staff for rising 7th grade students
New Student Registration Forms
- View and complete the forms enrollment bundle.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View and complete the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special Registration Situations
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.